Titanium plates, titanium rods, and titanium tube materials, if used to make finished parts after purchase, we recommend adding the UT inspection requirements when signing the contract. Most non-aerospace standards do not require UT test
Since many internal defects such as pores, slags, delaminations, cracks, etc., are unobservable through the surface (unless the surface of the product is heavily pitted). Otherwise, the customer will not be able to perform further processing or there will be potential problems with the processed parts.
1) High penetrating power, can detect 2-3 mm wall thickness pipe and plate, also can detect several meters long bar and several meters thick large forgings
2) Defective positioning is more accurate. After finding a defect, the combined criteria can not only directly show the size of the defect, but also determine whether the defect is qualified.
3) High detection rate for area type defects
4) With high sensitivity, extremely small defects can be detected.
5) Low cost, fast speed, no harm to human body and environment
1) Be careful by experienced personnel
2) It is difficult to inspect rough, irregularly shaped, small, thin or heterogeneous materials;
3) It is still difficult to accurately and quantitatively characterize the defects found;
4)Not suitable for structures with cavities;
5) Unless you take a photo, you rarely leave behind traceable materials.
If the quality of the final product is high, additional testing methods can be added.